Monday, April 24, 2006

Log #2: re: Marigolds

When I woke up today, I went outside to check on my seeds. My Marigolds looked like they had withered in one night! I am wondering if this has something to do with it being really hot outside today, so I brought them back indoors. Now I am worried I have over-watered them.

On YGG, they keep talking about watering from the bottom...and fuck, I don't even know how to go about doing that! I feel like such a complete newbie, but let's face it, when it comes to gardening, I am. I told myself I was up for the learning experience, and that I wanted to learn from my fuck ups, and here I am pouting about it instead of learning.

I use the YGG forums to learn and to ask questions. I think it's better to ask people instead of stuff people put on a site. I mean, if you email that person who put up the article, it might take a couple weeks before you get a response. At least on a forum, you are likely to get a reply within a day or so.

As for mulching...well...that just keeps slipping. It would be in my best interest to go right now, but here's when "Andrea's a big fat procrastinator!" comes up and is usually proven true.

Damnit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hanna said...

I don't know if you got an answer to the watering question over at YGG (haven't been in that thread yet) but if you set the pot (or cup or whatever container you are using to grow in) in a tray of water for a bit, like a half hour or so, the water will wick up through the soil and that will water them from below. Just remember to take the container out of the water so that you don't waterlog the soil.

Don't lose faith. I think you are pretty brave to be starting out with seeds. It can be tough. I still fear growing from seeds and I have been growing plants for years now. :)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home