Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yesterday Was An Informational Day

...And then some.

The people across the street from me have a real nice and tidy garden. 7:30am had rolled around yesterday and I had yet to even sleep, so I was determined to go find mulch.

I went to WalMart to see. I asked one of the workers there if they carried any, and she replied 'no', though I could check back Monday.
I went inside and to the nursery section and saw these beautiful and exotic looking flowers called Fuschia. They had ones growing straight up and others that were for hanging. The ones for hanging were $13, and I misread the straight up ones, thought they were $21.

I bought some weed killer, the kind you spray. Yesterday was gloomy, and the bottle suggested to spray on a sunny day. I will try this tomorrow.

When I came home from WalMart, I noticed the lady across the street was outside. I was too shy to go up to her, but I decided for my plants, it's worth it. So I walked over there, and she seemed happy to share things with me. She informed me I could get mulch from Home Depot, and she showed me this cloth paper stuff she had underneath the mulch. We talked a little bit, and one of the other ladies from the house came out, and she rambled on. Not in a bad way, and it's not like I had anything better to do, so I patiently listened to her talk and answered her questions.

Later on that morning, I showed my mother a picture of the Fuschia flowers I saw, and she said she wanted those. She reminded me her best friend, Sherri, had those outside in her front lawn. I vaguely remember, but I do remember being in love with those flowers, so they must've been the same ones.

I finally went to sleep around noon, and when I woke up, I had to go do some grocery shopping for my mom. I went by WalMart and bought the Fuschia, and told my mom it was an early Mother's Day present, and I also picked up some soil, which I've been meaning to do.

So, yes, informational and good.

- I learned where to buy mulch
- I bought some awesome flowers
- I bought soil
- Also picked up a gardening magazine.

Go me!

Sleep time now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home