Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Useful Tips From The YGG Forums

I just wanted to document this for later reference.

You know, I've been seriously considering looking up information on going to school for Horticulture. I should ask Siren, since she's doing it, but she hasn't been around. I've just noticed how excited and fascinated I am when I see what I've planted grow, and instead of getting angry about something I fucked up, I'm more interested in learning why I fucked up and what caused the plant to do it, and..etc. Who knows?

Anyway, TRANSPLATING TIPS:

-Blooms may droop due to transplant shock.

-Plant on drizzly or overcast days. Never plant in bright afternoon sun.

-Plant in the morning - so plants have a little time to acclimate to their new place before they also have to deal with chilly night time temps.

-Keep newly planted/transplanted plants well watered.

-I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you want to feed or fertilize newly planted plants right away, i think it's too much for them to deal with.

- expect plants to look a little crummy right after being transplanted, they need time to adjust.

-Try not to transplant when your plant is in full flowering mode - it needs to use all it's energy adjusting to it's new environment, so the blooms will suffer. Usually, the younger/smaller the plant is, the less it will suffer from transplant shock.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

useful info thanks.

11:38 AM  
Blogger soulcrusher said...

Funny that I knew some of that stuff. Guess all those years of hanging out with my grandma in her garden have paid off. Well at least they are for helping my dad with his recreational plants.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home