Sunday, May 27, 2007

Thoughts

First off, we have 2 buds on our rose bush! I can't wait to see the blooms, but I have a few weeks ahead of me yet.

Sometimes I feel crappy that all my plants aren't huge. Some die, and have to be replaced, so it seems my garden is always at a stop and go pace. Nothing I have is huge or fully grown yet. I hope that changes. At least my grapes are doing well.

I look at other people's gardens, and for a moment I'm impressed....but then I realize all they're growing are roses! Rose bush next to rose bush next to rose bush. I do love roses, they're hard not to like, but I don't feel impressed with rose gardens anymore. There's no flavor in a garden that is nothing but roses and they won't grow anything else.

I'd also like to say that my Morning Glories are really crappy. I get a bunch of pale colors, and the blue ones my mom planted haven't been growing. Talk about not having flavor. We're going to have to find a new thing to grow.

I'm getting a puppy soon, and I keep reading how all of the plants I'm growing are dangerous. Am I bad that I don't feel I should sacrifice what I grow? I feel the dog, although I'll love her to pieces, needs to know her place, and there's no reason why I can't grow whatever I want and teach her not to go near them.

I'm done ranting now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home